Monday, March 1, 2010

A Rough Day In Hell



I don't remember when, but it was sometime near the end of summer in '09. It was hot, it was Sacramento, we were about to go back to/leave for the first time for college, we were antsy, and we were drinking. We all decided that we didn't record nearly enough metal, so we figured we would give it a shot before leaving for our various future destinations. I suppose I should add at this point that "we" was Lucas Lohmann, Justin Langstroth, and myself (Yuri Kahan), the original cast of the project loosely named 'Narthex'. Justin and I had both taken the past year off and he had been teaching me how to play metal guitar, so this all seemed very fitting. Anyways, we all got pretty loaded, got some baumkron, and set to making an epic 4 track ep. Of those proposed 4 tracks, only 1 was made: Wolfrot.

Lucas wrote the lyrics, Justin programmed the drums/ helped write some guitar tracks, and engineered the entire project.. I'm not totally certain, but I'm pretty sure I recorded all the guitars.. and we all did vocals.




No comments:

Post a Comment